View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 12:23 AM

A dealer let me borrow an Evotek EVO3 Aquarius. I think my noise complaints are mostly gone. I'm ordering a Evotek EVO3 Sigmas based off my demo from Aquarius. I bought one of those silly monster cable noise analyzer off of ebay. While the proof is that it cuts noise significantly to my ears, it's cool to watch the meter fluctuate at 0.6-2.0 on my Panamax and drop to 0.0-0.2 fluctuation with Evotek. It did introduce a new oddity but it's not Mc related.

When I'm on my Blu-ray setting it's pretty much silent. Hardly noticeable at 3 ft despite the knob turned up to 100%. This is getting close to what members here hear, and approaching my Boulder Amp demo at 100% without filtering the amp power (in the store).

On PHONO I get tons of noise despite nothing connected. I hear this is normal due to that a record player puts out such a low signal that the channel is super sensitive. I'm told this is why a Phono record amp is important. I'm not sure I'm going vinyl anytime soon, but I'd like to. It seems fun.

On the TV Audio I still get noise. It's not crazy loud, but it's approaching audible at the listener position if the house is quiet and the knob being 100%. Perhaps this is noise from the TV.