View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 12:01 AM
Ultra-Fast 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Ed.......The drive to Miramar is about six hours from my home. That's six hours down and six hours back. I would prefer to use UPS to ship the amp if necessary. The UPS store is only 20 miles from my home. I can be there, do the shipping and payment, and be back home in about an hour. I haven't had the Fathom f113 working for nearly two months so I am not in any rush. Frankly, my PMC EB1i speakers with transmission line loading of the woofers have such a wonderful low end response I haven't felt deprived of bass performance. Even without the Fathom subwoofer my living room system still sounds very good. Just one more reason why I have procrastinated so long about this repair.

I already have the f113 amp on my work bench in the shop. I have the metal plate behind the circuit board removed so accessing the individual parts that I plan to replace will be easy. My new ESR meter and replacement caps should arrive Friday.

Yes your right, time is precious!

Seconds add to minutes, minutes hours, hours days, days weeks, weeks months, months years, years decades and so on.