View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM

Now that the tweak euphoria has worn off, I thought I'd quickly revisit this thread after some 5 months of using the Acoustic Revive RR-777 tethered to the KingRex MKII Linear PSU & XLR umbilical. (I've had the RR-777 for approx. 7-8 months overall)

Out of site & out of mind hidden on a ledge some 2m high up, powered on 24x7, it is something you forget about....well until you turn it off.

Watching SAT CATV with the surround processor primed, three McIntosh MC2301s pumping the fronts & the Denton POA-A1 pushing the surrounds, what has disappeared when it's blue light fades away after flicking off the KingRex power switch during a typical evening of relaxed viewing?

The room sounds a little dryer & flatter, less holographic, the high frequency decays are shorter & less transient. The subtle undertones in the lowest frequencies that accompany the mids are diminished. What could explain this? Perhaps the room pressure has dropped with the loss of its constantly coherent 7.83Hz conveyancing drone of silence...

Acoustic Revive tweaks boarder on the esoteric but one thing is for certain, the RR-777 really works even with silence. That might sound like a bizarre contradiction but inexplicably everyone prefers to congregate in the room even when the system is off. It's still a good vibe.

Last edited by MyPal; 10-07-2013 at 09:31 AM.