View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 09:26 AM

Default Ethernet Cables Matter

I know that this thread is a year old at this point but I still think this is worth mentioning. I use two Ethernet connections from my Xfinity router: one to an Oppo 105D and the other to a PS Audio DS DAC.

Previously, I'd been using Acoustic Revive LAN-PA Ethernet cables for these connections. They "sounded" good but never one to leave well enough alone, I purchased a pair of WireWorld Starlight Cat 8 cables from Ivan (thank you, sir).

Both cables were treated on the audiodharma Cable Cooker for three days each. After swapping out the AR LAN-PA cables for the WW I was immediately struck by what I thought to be an improvement. I do, however, sometimes suffer from the "what's new is better" affliction.

I promptly forgot about it and the WW cables had been in place for four months when for giggles I put the AR cables back into the mix. My first impression was that they sounded quite respectable but then I noticed that something just didn't sound right anymore. Back went the WW and the difference was immediately apparent. The WW cables simply allow more information/detail to come through without sounding hyped or any other negatives that come to mind.

Just wanted to share.