View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 07:10 PM
George

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob725 View Post

Also, have you tried connecting the aries to your dac via AES or spdif instead of usb, which may sound more akin to your CD transort? The aries has very good clocks for a streamer.
I currently have the Aries connected to my DAC via USB and by optical. I read somewhere that someone liked the USB better. My USB is breaking in. Just from a quick listen to both, they sound similar. Although if the connector breaks in like most interconnects,then it will sound better.

I do not have any interest in storing files. Tidal should have all or most of my CDs, so I don’t see the point. I was able to do A-B comparisons between the Tidal version and my CD, there was no obvious difference.

As far as my vinyl... well, when I really really want to enjoy a recording, I go there. I have a very high quality vinyl collection. Under most circumstances my vinyl will out perform my digital end... but fortunately not by so much that it stops me from listening to the digital end. By the way, I barely used my Sim-Moon DAC before I added the separate 820S power supply. It pulled the DAC up very close to the analog end.
Main: Aurender W20SE music streamer, ARC REF 9SE DAC / CD, Linn LP 12, Koetsu Rosewood SignCartrige, ARC REF 3 Phono Stage, ARC REF 6SE Preamp, ARC 160s amp, Sonus Faber Amati Traditional Speakers,Transparent Ultra IC & SC Library:Aurender N100, Ayre QB9 2020 DAC, Woo WA5-LE amp upgraded tubes, Focal Utopia HP, Sennheiser 800s HP, LCD HP.

Last edited by George Prentice; 05-12-2020 at 07:15 PM.