View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Well, the original metal stock feet were unscrewed from a factory pressed-in nut which is inside the Mc2301 bottom plate. When I removed the 4 metal feet years ago, two of the 4 pressed-in nuts dropped inside the unit. No biggie, I just unscrewed half of the Philips screws holding the metal base plate & tipped the MC2301 to one corner & the two nuts came sliding out.

Along with the metal feet, I put those 2 nuts in a hefty quart bag and lifted the now footerless MC2301's & gently lowered the MC2301 onto the shelf ----now resting on HRS NA-150's.

Well today when I was installing the Stillpoints Ultra SS's -- two of the 4 original feet holes had no nut in which to screw the 10/32 X 1/4-20 adapters. I forgot about the pressed in nuts that came loose & which I placed in the hefty bag years ago -- then I realized it and knew where they were.

Those two nuts which I retrieved years back are in that hefty zip bag, in one of the MC2301 boxes which are behind the Wilson Audio Alexia wooden crates. In order to retrieve them it would be another hour plus ordeal.

Quickest alternative -- I take a ride to the local hardware store 3/4 mile away and buy 2 10/32 locking nuts than mess with moving the crates and boxes to retrieve the original locking nuts.

So, 20 minutes and 71 cents later I'm in business installing the Ultra SS to the one amp.

Best Sir,

Bob
Ha ha. Great story. That solves it. Thanks.