View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurphy View Post
How do you like your SW12 sub? Did it integrate with your 20 T's easily?
I want to buy a sub for the 9's and thought the SW12 would mate better with my 9's being they are both aerial speakers and hopefully the SW12 is designed
to intergrate seamlessly with aerial speakers
As you know sub placement can be very important. For me I originally had one SW12 located in the left front corner with my 7B's. It was great on some material and booming or not enough bass on other material. I was always adjusting the volume on the SW12 to get just the correct level which was aggravating. But to be honest it was probably user error as I was to lazy to move that beast around. Also I only had the RCA cable in that corner so moving it would have required a lot of rewiring work.

When I did my remodel of my HT I added three more locations for sub hook up so that I would have more flexibility on where the sub went. When I went with two SW12's and put them left and right of the center it seem to be a sweet spot. I also had a pro come in and calibrate my system and bingo they intergrated perfectly with the 20T's and the room. No more having to change the volume levels.

An audiophile from another forum came to Houston and asked to see my HT. One of his comments was how well the bass was integrated into the sound track / room. The SW12 is a very musical sub...

I could not be happier with the SW12 subs.