Thread: Pass Labs XP-25
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazngad View Post
Shane,

Nice to see you are demoing the Pass. It needs a good few days to settle down. I agree about the clunckiness of the switches. I moved the Titan i back to the TW phono recently. The top end air and extension is incredible. The only thing is the Pass is quieter, dynamic and detailed. I wish there was a phono that does it all. I just can't live without the Pass bass. It just doesn't it and brings the music together.

How are you liking the Atlas? I just read the review of MF and the way he writes it is tempting. I would need to sell something the pay for it as it is well out of my budget.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using A.Aficionado
Hi Darren

Yes, the phono that does it all. I think you have it just about right. play music on the pass for a couple of weeks/months, enjoy what it does well, then change to the TW and enjoy what it does well.

Bottom line - there is NO SS amp that does upper frequency extenion and air that tubes do - that pretty much goes with pre amps and amps to an extent. All a compromise.

If the Esoteric did the bass control as well as the Pass, it is as close to tube " air" as you can get - trouble is it JUST falls short of the best of tubes and SS, so a bit of half full or empty depending on your view.

Re, Atlas - wonderful cartridge - I do not believe I have reached the upper limits of how good it can sound. It so far has been impossible to trip up musically. I Can say I am not looking for another cartridge. I would think it is more refined and pure than the titan. I would like to hear the titan.

cheers

Last edited by turntable; 04-20-2012 at 06:28 PM.