View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:35 PM
Life is beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by psjl View Post
Bart......The PD MPS-5 has been on my list for quite sometime now, but so far I have only managed to hear it with Mark Levinson gear at the dealer's place, so I'm trying to set up an A/B comparison with gear that I am familiar with before making the final decision.......Have you had a chance to demo the PD MPS-5 yet?......Also, just curious to know what other digital sources may be on your shortlist?......Philip
Philip, they don't do Playback Designs here in Belgium, so I'll have to go to the Netherlands to audition it.
But it surely caught my interest.
Also on my shortlist: MSB Technology.
MSB Technology
They got a raving review in "Stereo", a reliable German magazine. I took contact with the European importer. He's Belgian and offered me a home demo. Advantage: you can do even multichannel via their UMT.
And next week, I hope to attend an audio show with Accuphase's new top of the line separates: DP900 Super Audio cd transport and DC901 Converter.
My Burmester 061 is magnificent, and I thought about upgrading to the 089, but I do have quite some SACD's, so I don't think I'll go via this route.
Stereo: Hegel H590, Grimm Audio MU1, Mola Mola Tambaqui, Burmester 948 - V3 & V6 racks, Vivid Audio G2 Giyas, REL Carbon Special (pair), Silent Angel Bonn N8 Ethernet Switch & Forester F1, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse IC and SE SC, Furutech Digiflux
AV: Hegel C-53, Marantz AV8802A, Oppo BDP-203EU, Pioneer Kuro 60", Vivid Audio C1 & V1w's, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse, SE & E
Second system (veranda): Halgorythme preamp and monoblocks, Burmester 061, Avalon Avatar, Sharkwire & Wireworld cables