View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 10:02 AM

Serge, your information about tube rectification is awesome. Thank you.

JBT, can you in any way describe the difference in sound between your Mac system and the PL you listened to? Of course, I understand you did not compare the two in a controlled context, but maybe you could say whether you’d be happy replacing your beloved Macintosh 275 and 2200 with Primaluna 400s. And thanks for your kind comment about enjoying music. Ha ha ha, as I’ve only got an Astell&Kern AK120 filled with Hires files and Sennheiser HD650 headphones, I feel I only listen to music, not really enjoy it ha ha ha. But someday, I will have a beautiful system again.

Wes, thank you so much for your thoughts. And I’m so happy to hear that you and your wife continue to be living what I imagine is a very beautiful life together!

Puma Cat, your biochemistry story is funny. It reminded me of my college days. As a second year chemistry student, I wanted to take an honors section of second semester organic chemistry lab, which replaced traditional lab class with an internship in a professor’s reserch lab. I wanted to work with Dr. Taber, but he said my grades weren’t good enough. I should ask Dr. Heck, an older professor approaching retirement ha ha ha. This was in 1982. Decades later, in 2010, when I was working in Korea, I opened up Yahoo news and discovered Dr. Heck had been given the Nobel Prize for his work on Palladium-catalyzed reactions. Ha ha ha, my friends said that he would have gotten the prize decades earlier if I had not worked in his lab.

ron

Last edited by bachrocks; 07-04-2019 at 10:12 AM.