View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsectora View Post
Anybody had the upgrade done to v3? If so how does it compare to v2?
I took delivery of a new v3 to replace my v2, I did a trade in. I couldn't bear to have the Triton v2 out of my system for even a week.

I did something I normally don't do; I added the Triton v3 and a Nordost Valhalla 2 USB cable at the same time. The combination is stunning. I'm ascribing most of the performance to the Triton because, when I use my dCS transport, I still hear the same improvements (the USB cable is not in the path).

I'm literally rediscovering my collection all over again with this v3 upgrade. I noted the v3 now comes with the Stainless Steel feet.

I have to chuckle, because the v2 to v3 upgrade could go easily unnoticed by an unsuspecting spouse. In my case especially so, as I had the Stainless Steel feet on my v2. So it's impossible to tell that it's a different unit.

Caelin explained what they did in the v2 to v3, I'm just surprised by the leap in performance in my own system. I do have the recommended Shunyata reference power system, using Sigmas just about everywhere. I am still lacking Typhons on my monoblock duplexes, that will come this spring (I use a single Defender there for the time being).

I'm interested to see what others think of the v3; if my results are duplicated in others' systems, then there will be a lot of happy Shunyata customers.
System: Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon/DPC-6v2, Defender, Anaconda /Sigma power cords and interconnects, Linn LP12, Ayre P-5xe, dCS Vivaldi full stack, Ayre KX-R Twenty, Ayre MX-R Twenty, Wilson Alexia Series 2 Speakers