View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidoff View Post
After getting a shindo masseto pre amp, my next step is to venture into the world of Shindo SET. As I do not have chance for audition, I rely greatly on advice from you guys who have heard the amps in person.

Based on my knowledge, of current production SET amp, the lowest priced is Cortese, followed by lafon gm70 and D'yquem, and reference is WE300B. Are their performance necessarily better up the chain?

I listen to mostly acoustic and vocals on low volume levels. Micro details, tone, refinement and ability to convey emotions of music are important to me.

WE300B aside, which may be prohibitive due to cost, can lafon and d'yquem provide refinement and convey nuances as well as low wattage cortese, while at they same time providing more power?

Any advise is appreciated. High efficiency speaker choice will follow after I make my choice on power amps.

Davidoff, as you can see in my signature I have the Shindo D'Yquem's.

I have owned them for about 8 months now and am truly in love with these amps. The presentation the 300b tube gives is not only detailed but delivered in a fluid and effortless fashion. I wrote a mini review several months ago in the Shindo forum. You may want to check it out. There is also a very good review online out there.

If the 300b sound is something you like I would highly recommend The Shindo D'Yquem's. A fabulous pair of amp's.

Shindo D'Yquems
Shindo Vosne Romanee
Devore 0/96
Luxman PD-171
Dynavector xx2 MkII
Luxman DA-06
Mac Mini
Magnum Dynalab MD 107t
Shindo and A23 Cables