Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnut View Post
AR3a (used)
Infinity Column III
M&K w/sub
Magnepan 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 20.7
Il Cremonese

My username should be changed although I do still have a Magnepan center and 1.7s in the rear. I was all Magnepan for awhile. After attending the Axpona shows and being exposed to all the great strides in speaker sound my wife and I realized that there was definitely better but also at a price. We went to this years show with the intent on moving to the next level. There were a number of options we considered. We actually jumped a few levels and bought the red finished Il Cremonese that were being used as show demos. Besides the fabulous sound my wife fell in love with the beautiful finish and design. I was also very impressed. (Let's face it, Maggies make great sound but aren't much to look at.) Besides their gorgeous looks they have a beautiful, rich tone. Their soundstage is wide and they are very detailed. I'm expecting these to stay with us for some time. Lilium? Aida? Never say never.
Interesting you mention the wife, while traveling we came across a store that sold Sonus Faber (we don't have any close) and I showed her the different finishes of the Olypimpica and she said "yep"...those can be your next ones...