View Single Post
Old 12-26-2016, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3workshop View Post
I think everyone listens differently. I don't mean that we all 'hear' differently, that's a given, but that our listening criteria are vastly different.

I'm assuming that you're commenting on the fact that Dennis's listening space isn't super carefully thought out since his life has been about music reproduction? Maybe it is and that's the beauty of the Inspire gear. It's made to enhance the experience in almost any space. Of course treatments and speaker placement improve the acoustics. No question.

I know you are a very critical listener who, from what I surmise from your posts, prefers absolute accuracy and balance of reproduction with the least bit of interference from a room. *Please correct me if I am mistaken.*

I think it is genre dependent as well. An opera or classical listener will have different criteria than a Folk, Jazz, or Rock listener will. I don't know what Dennis's tastes are, so I can't comment.

Curious to hear other's thoughts as well.
You raise good points. I agree. I just assumed his meticulous design and implementation work would be accompanied by similar listening demands. I have experienced significant improvement even with modest room conditioning tweaks and devices, but that's just me.