Thread: ChronosonicXVX
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2019, 12:48 PM

I appreciate the comment on the weight greatly. Well, the xvx order just got closer to a reality. Once the check is passed there's no going back.

Here are the figures made by the owner and his top assistant: 6" minimum speaker clearance from ceiling.

Over rear tweeter 8" minimum clearance and probably 10-12" maximum clearance.

Between the main tweeters 96" or 8' of stereo separation as opposed to 9' with the Alexx.

The xvx will set on a mat.

My listening distance is approximately 138" or 11.5'. Ear height 37.5".

The only variable left is the true height of the xvx which is variable. Wilson will be supplied with all this data and pics have been taken of the room. They must supply an accurate height of an unspiked xvx built to my ears and listening distance. The above measurements are based on an xvx height of 74". Specified height by Wilson is 73,5/8". My financial adviser will inform me this afternoon if I can afford this without placing my family in financial jeopardy.

The owner has truly extensive experience and absolutely believes the xvx will fit and operate properly in my room.

Overall, this purchase makes a lot of sense to me. Is there anybody and I mean anybody that remotely thinks I'll ever consider another speaker coming after my xvx? If there is, then you will consider me to be insane which I am not.

So this will truly be closure for me, albeit a very expensive one, of a long high end career. After this installation, I am going to sit back and enjoy my music.

p.s. the owner will come out and supervise the entire installation and of course the whole dealership will come along with him. I've got an errand to run, then I'm going to walk about 5 miles to blow off steam, get good an tired in the legs. I'm listening to Beethoven's 5th through my Alexx which is my victory symphony as I pen this note.

Last edited by Charles; 11-01-2019 at 01:04 PM.