View Single Post
Old 08-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundmig View Post
That's pretty darn good for "in-room" at the listening position and overall the "curve" is approximating what one would shoot for at listening position. You might investigate floor bounce as a possible cause for the dip?
I could investigate it, but its not much of a dip, and from a practical perspective, what could I do about it? There's a carpet there; its my living room, not a man-cave.

As you say, its pretty darn good, and most importantly, the 'Beths sound REALLY good.

I'm pretty close and very happy; I'm just doing some experiments for learning and for fun. I wanted add the REL back in for some fill in the lower end, and I'm pretty close. I just turnd the gain on the REL up three clicks from where I was based on my DOE I did back in 2011 for the big Dyns.

Craig gave me a couple of good suggestions to look into, so I am going to try those out.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.