View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by will View Post
Also posting for first time since his passing.

I got my rig up and running again in more than a month. New house and dedicated audio room now, and I dedicate my relaunch to Charley.

It was an interesting few hours in getting back up and running, actually. I had everything hooked up and there was no sound. I freaked out. I checked the connections and cabling a half-dozen times. Still no sound. CDs were playing, being read, though. Decided to take a shower, regroup, think straight.

Went back and discovered it was the C-5xeMP that became wonky, apparently from the month of shutdown. Thought the laser might have went kaput because of age, but that can't be because discs were playing. Tried SACD. Sound! Ok, so maybe there was an issue with redbook.

Then, I remembered Charley answered a post of mine on another forum like 10 years ago when I had a glitch with the player and taught me how to reset and reboot it. I saved that post, and it's on my computer to this day. Did the reset and eureka, there was CD sound. A big sigh of relief.

So even in passing, Charley continues to help me out! Rest in peace, Charley!
Will, are you willing to share that 'reboot' procedure, never know what the future will hold.