View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
They are immense! Congrats Mtn. You have some very nice amps and a serious, well chosen vinyl rig. The SME table & ARC Ref2SE phono stage are both good choices imho. Great job with your system mate

Just a few questions; It looks like you're using Argento Flow pc's to your ESL's. What cables are you using elsewhere? Are you using a power conditioner/regenerator? Also have you installed dedicated 20a circuits, or are you running direct to standard 15a/110v wpo's? I connect my system direct to standard Aussie 10a/240v power, however I upgraded the main twin wpo to an Oyaide R1/WPC-Z (a big upgrade from the $5 wpo it replaced!). In my situation, I get comparatively stable 240v power measured, so I don't feel the need to retrofit a dedicated 20a circuit. However I am a believer in a power conditioner which can regulate the output waveform
I must apologize for not having seen your post until now. The PC's powering the SL backplates are not Argento Flow, but a custom cable by Al Sekela designed to attenuate any RF picked up by the high voltage stators in the SL panels. The rest of my PC loom is all Shunyata, and I employ a Triton V3 and 3 Typhons. No regulation, as my power is very stable. There are 3 dedicated 15 amp circuits; the speaker panels are powered by the separate house circuit.

The Ayre MXR's have been replaced by a pair of Pass 260.8 monos.