View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 03:51 AM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Hi Caelin,

In my stereo system, I am using a Denali 6000S/V2 powering my preamp, 2 DACs, SACD/CD Transport, and music server on a dedicated 20 amp AC line preconditioned with a Typhon QR. My 2 mono-block amps are on their own dedicated separate 20 amp AC line plugged directly into wall outlet.

My separate A.V. system in another room is powered by both a Denali 6000S/V2 and a Triton V3, each using a dedicated 20 amp AC line. The video components (OLED TV, Apple 4K TV, OPPO BD player, and TiVo) are connected to the Denali while the audio end (multichannel amps, pre-pro, and sub) are powered by the Triton. I tried various combinations of using the Denali and Triton in my A.V. system, but the audio sounds best via the Triton rather than the Denali which is just the way that it is for some unknown reason.

All Shunyata power conditioners in both systems, stereo and A.V. are powered via Sigma V1 power cords.

Do you think that eliminating the Typhon in the stereo and instead using one of your new power cords, Omega QR or Reference NR directly into the Denali in my stereo would be better sounding than the Typhon QR into the Denali?

BTW, there is no room for the Typhon in the A.V. rack, but maybe if one of your new power cords would elevate the Denali in my stereo without the help of the Typhon, I could somehow manage to squeeze the Typhon in my A.V. system behind the A.V. rack?

Of course, I know the only way to know what sounds and looks best with P.Q. is to try one of your new power cords and hear and see myself, but your thoughts and input would help to lead me in the right direction at this point

Thanks, Bob
Hi Bob,
Here's what I would likely be doing if I had your (wonderful) system:

I'd put the Trition V3 into your main audio (2-channel system), with the Typhon QR plugged into it. If you had the budget, rather than getting an Omega QR, I'd put a new Sigma XC on the Triton V3 to power it from the wall (which would also save you quite a bit of money).

Then for your AV system, I'd move the Denali from your 2-channel audio system to the A/V system and use it as a 2nd Denali V2 for the audio componentry of your home theatre system in place of the Triton V3.

If your budget alllows Omega QR or Sigma NR v2 PCs on your monoblocks connected directly to the wall (I don't know what you are using there presently) would be freakin' amazing, the Omegas more so because of the QR device they have, but the Sigma NR v2s were, for me, a revelation. I"ve not heard the Omega QR, so I can't comment on it specifically, but knowing 1) how good the Sigma NR v2 is 2) what a QR/BB devices brings to the equation, I can only presume it represents a major paradigm shift for PCs.

The new Sigma XC is a fantastic PC for powering power distributors (PD): it is exceptionally clean, quiet, dynamic, and fast, fast, fast. It really gives the PD the current it needs when it needs it. While a Sigma NR v2 is also fab powering a PD (so much so it came as a shock to me the first time I connected it to Denali), the XC is even better.

Having tested both extensively, I've come to the conclusion that the XC are really the best solution for PDs and the NR series are best-suited for powering components.

As for the Typhon, what it does is so special, my thought is it would be best-served using it for your 2-channel system in conjunction with your Triton V3.

Just my 2¢; I'm sure with your system, however you configure it, its going to be extraordinary. Cheers.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.

Last edited by Puma Cat; 05-04-2020 at 03:59 AM.