Thread: Mark Levinson
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:17 PM

I've been enjoying my Levinson No.52 pre amp for almost a year and a half now, and I'm not considering any pre-amp upgrades for awhile.
I look forward to hearing more of what it seems to do well whenever I get around to upgrading my speakers.
I love not dealing with consideration of tube choice, as I did when I had my McIntosh C500T. I was always unhappy with some aspect of the sound when I had that pre-amp. It wasn't entirely the pre-amp, but it was part of it.

The Levinson 52 also has the majority of the features of my previous Mcintosh pre-amp - lots of inputs, phone stage, home theater bypass, multiple outputs, etc.
The inside of the Levinson looks very clean and well put together. The size of the pre seems to have been dictated by the design and the space needed to house the internal components. There's no empty space.

Levinson makes a big deal that the No.52 regenerates its own power, internally. That said, power cables and power conditioners still have a significant effect on the the pre-amp, to more or less the same extent I'd expect from any component.

I particularly like the newly updated cosmetic design of the recently released integrated amp, pre-amps, and amps - more so than my own No.52.

I will be envious if they release a new flagship pre.....

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables