View Single Post
Old 08-24-2014, 06:15 AM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427 View Post
There you go you can be happy and I like the part when "Friends Come Over"
I can DJ also with SOTA's it's great having more than one because of disc change is slow with a vacuum platter.

I like that photo. Maybe a little too much, right now. Give me time, I'll get over it!

I haven't had company since October last year. It would mean a massive clean-up, which I need to do anyway. But the time of year when I like that sort of thing is coming around soon.

The excitement and angst of making changes to the main setup comes and goes. This AM I thought, maybe keep the MD 90 as a backup and go after the MR88, or just leave it alone. Related to that, I've long had ideas of augmenting a small second system in the (also small) bedroom and if I can get rid of the HK receiver in there gracefully (a good receiver, by the way) I would get a Marantz MM7025 power amp and combine it with the B&K preamp, Denon TU-800 and Marantz DV8400 universal player doing nothing currently. That idea's been around for over a year.

This will all die down at some point, but the ideas continue to swirl.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks

Last edited by prepress; 08-26-2014 at 05:15 AM.