View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonatsea View Post
Hello, looks like we are all on the waiting list... I have ordered a racing green 6v6. Looks like your bright blue one was picked up from the powder coater at the same time. Dennis is starting on my amp tomorrow. Love how individual and unique each of these amps are.
Hello Simonatsea, welcome! So you are the one getting the green amp. I did see a photo of that when Dennis sent me one of my first pics of the blue chassis. I told Dennis the green looked really cool too. Yeah, the blue is a little brighter than the midnight blue on my Cary preamp, but it should match close enough. Dennis also told me of how much he loves the 6V6 tube, in fact he was using them while running in my KT88'er. He suggested that I try the 6V6 tube in my amp when I get a chance. He says it is a bit sweeter, while the KT88 is a bit more dynamic.

Besides the color options, tube rolling is the other thing that makes these amps so fun to play with. I haven't even received it yet, and I'm already thinking about KT88's, KT150's, 6V6's, 6SL7's, 6SN7's, not to mention the variety of rectifier tubes. Dennis says I'll need a 5Y3 rectifier to run the 6V6 tubes.

Peter, thanks for posting that pic! Yeah, Dennis sent it to me too, and I had to laugh. Dennis didn't talk about ETA, but I'm hoping that it comes in next week. I'm certainly waiting with bated breath. I told him I was drooling all over my keyboard.

That preamp looks pretty big, bigger even than the amp. How many inputs does it have? I really only use 3 inputs on my Cary. The red looks very cool too. I liked it sitting next to my amp too. I told Dennis that when he's done with his phono stage, I may order a red preamp like yours and a white phono stage, so that I have a red, white and blue rig!

John