View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antipop View Post
Agreed with everything you said.

Ferrari special models do appreciate but if you expect the same of a standard 488 purchased new (or even over sticker if you're crazy enough), you will be in a lot of pain
Definitely NOT in the market for a 488, I've had my fun with those UBER cars. Even spec'd out and ordered a 458 Spyder and had a long standing deposit on the 458 Speciale. The 458 Spyder came in but I turned it down, dealer was very happy. When it came time to order the Speciale, I was already burned out from having so many cars coming and going. It was an obsession of sorts.

My dealer was very happy to have a 458 spyder for resale at something other than "sticker" as I was already a customer with a buyers order at msrp. Not sure how it went with the Speciale, probably made out very well.

The key is getting into a brand new Ferrari model right away and I am talking about their bread and butter models. (For that to happen, one must buy a preowned model and perhaps take a small hit from the dealer and have a deposit well in advance) Once in, if held more than a year to two at most, watch out below. If one year is enough of fun and keeping the mileage under 3k, you won't lose a dime. I got back exactly what I paid for my 458 coupe. It becomes easier down the road since when one car is traded towards the other, there is less of tax implication, at least in PA.

Last edited by PHC1; 07-10-2019 at 01:00 PM.