Thread: Magico S5
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:02 AM

I agree, but that's like saying our (or any) country would be well served if politicians who disagree could still talk to each other respectively to reach compromise solutions. But rather than serving the country, or even their constituents, what they most care about is getting reelected (what they like) so they do what they feel will bring about that result.

Honestly, I even felt funny about writing up my experience at Ears Nova. I think I'm a pretty discerning, even demanding, listener, but I really only know what I like. I loved the Q3s with the Constellaton and dCS. But was it the speakers? The electronics? The room? The songs Joshua chose because he knew they would best show off the speakers?

I loved your Strads in Montreal, but that was also the first time I'd heard them playing vinyl. So was that it? Your expertise? The speakers? The other gear? Or was it the fact that they sounded so much better than the Futuras and I was being a relativist? And what if I had said I had heard the Futuras twice at shows and they weren't very good (which was true) so the speaker must not be very good (which would have been false). If I hadn't tried again with Dany, I never would have known.

I'm amazed when people write about going to a show and deciding a certain amp was bad (or good) or a set of speakers or a CD player, as they quickly walk from one room to the next with every single variable changing as soon as they exit. It's a crazy hobby filled with crazy people. But I'm sure you know that better than I.