View Single Post
Old 06-09-2014, 12:49 PM

I see a few people posting rants on Magico, but nobody knows what really happened. Another example of the "free right to criticize on internet", without any fact to support. Did Toga ever tell who he contacted at Magico? who asked him to remove the thread? we know nothing.

I had numerous emails exchanges over the past years with Dave, the person in charge of after sales. Answer was always fast and professional. I asked advice to Alon when meeting him at a show, he was very helpful. Exactly the service I expected from a vendor of speakers of this price. One friend of mine who is also a Magico owner had to replace a woofer on his Q1 (partying too hard...). He is very happy with the service he got.
So overall, I cannot reconcile the forum noise and my past experience with after sales of the company. And no, I don't find them arrogant. Of course, if you try to talk to them in middle of CES when there are 5 dealers or journalists queuing in, they will make you understand they have limited time for you, but that's normal.

Before jumping too quickly to conclusions, would be good to know what really happened. I am seriously doubting that Toga ever contacted the Magico factory and got this type of answer. He may have talked to his local dealer and got a too zealous employee telling him to remove his post, maybe - I don't know the local dealer and I can imagine it is difficult to control everything that your distributor network may say when you are present in so many countries! But getting this answer from Magico after sales? no way. if I would be Toga, I would contact Dave, I am sure he will be in very good hands.