View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Bodhisattva

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvdiman View Post
Toga, try taking off the Cerabases and put platform directly on carpet.
I placed cerabases underneath my equipment rack only, but prefer amp's platform bare - More 'weight' to everything this way.
However my platforms are heavy/dense i.e.coupler type, whereas the FE are lighter work more as isolation device.
No harm trying. Hope it'll work for you too and hopefully can get your money back for the unused Cerabases.

*IME, Coupling principles are better for when you are working towards more weight/gravity, and Isolating methods for overall cleansing/precision of sound during system tuning.
I do much the same BVD & am using Cerabase Classic feet under my equipment racks. My smaller ASR-2 rack houses my Vitus amp, though i'm also using a set of 4 Stillpoints Ultra 5's under the Vitus. I started with the amp and cdp sitting on my FE Cerabase feet on my hardwood floor. When I moved the amp onto my Taoc ASR-2 rack & installed the Stillpoints, that made a big difference. The sound stage became more focussed, bass improved & music came from a blacker background (ie: removed some background hash). This is the decoupling method you talked about, however the Taoc racks add some weight, body and a touch of warmth & the Stillpoints work great at tightening up the bass which seems to create a nice overall synergy. Here are a couple of photos fyi.

FWIW, I think part of Toga's problem is the FE amp stand, not the Cerabase feet per say. From what i've heard, the FE platforms are a bit 'polite' with bass. If it were me, i'd place the Memphisto on a set of 4 Ultra 5 feet with the Ultra bases for height adjustment. Due to the nature of Stillpoints, they work equally well on any surface such as carpet & look pretty serious (ie: look the part).

Last edited by Bodhisattva; 10-07-2013 at 08:25 AM.