View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanra74 View Post
Hi guys! just arrived here

I'm looking for SACD/CD player for, at least, a decade. I have a big doubt between the Ruby and the SA10 (even I'm thinking about the dark side, ESOTERIC... sorry).
But, talking about the Marantz, is any big difference between both? I only could test the Ruby with Copland tube amp and a pair of Klipsch Forte III and it was amazing. I wonder if the SA10 is worth double the price (or the esoteric...)

Kind regards, have a nice summer!
Tough question; I think I've read that the Ruby is much of the SA10 but without the balanced circuitry.
Although I had (still have) my SA10 and Esoteric K-01x at different times and in different systems, I might suggest that the Marantz offers as good or better performance versus similar costing Esoteric units. There are too many variables to be sure about that and I've never heard the Esoteric players in that range, let alone their recently updated players, though. They're both undoubtedly quality components, as far as I'm concerned.
But given that you like the Ruby, ask yourself if you could be happy with it. If it ticks all the boxes for you, it would seem like a good value. Otherwise, seek out the SA10 or an Esoteric player to see how they move you.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables