View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue View Post
I have not heard the three in the same room and/or with the same equipment. So the impressions will be affected by their respective set up. But in general terms I would characterize MA on the warmer side - Devialet on the more detailed/analytical side. And Gryphon is in the middle between the two. All tree is great amps - its just a matter of taste and synergy with the other equipment you have. I went with the Diablo 300 and are still amazed at its ability to make me feel involved in the music. With the Gryphon in the set up I went from listening to music - to experiencing it.
I would agree with your observations, even though I have not heard any Nu-vista amps. I have heard their M series - slight warmth. Devialet does sound more analytic than the other two. Here is my take in terms of values. With Gryphon you're paying for build quality and long term investment. I don't think MF is in the same league in build quality. On top of this, both Dev and MF have higher turn over of models and they don't hold their values well.

Yes, the Diablo does put a smile on my face. Enough said.