View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumhorn View Post
I have no connection to Shunyata, except as a user of their products. That being said, the answer to most of your questions can be found by reading the info on Shunyata's web site. Here's the Cliff notes:

The Venom V10NR is 10-gauge, the Venom V12NR is 12-gauge, the Venom V14 Digital is 14-gauge.

The Venom HC v1 & v2 are both 10-gauge, and neither has noise reduction.

The Venom V10NR, with its noise reduction, better copper, better quality connectors & KPIP processing (almost no break-in required), will definitely sound better than the HC models. The Venom NR line has been receiving a lot of accolades for its remarkable price/performance ratio. (As always, YMMV...)

SOTA Cosmos TT (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables for Pass XP-30
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs
Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM
My sincere apology for not updating my post earlier, stating that I had found the answers to my questions, but thanks for answering them anyway. I was in a rush when I initially posted the questions and my bad for not doing more research first.

Unlike my other Shunyata Sigma and Alpha cables, when the the last Venom V10NR finally arrived from Shunyata and was installed in my home theater system, it didn’t very sound good powering my preamp, so I attempted to find it’s specs (gauge, etc.) to see if it might be suited for trial to my amp. Indeed, it was—10 gauge. After swapping the Sigma to my preamp and the Venom to my amp, letting them settle, and finally started playing music, I once again noticed the same haze (fine grain) and an edge imparted to upper midrange and voice across all my sources which resulted in listener fatigue. Unfortunately, the new Venom yields an unnatural sound in my system which wasn’t present before I added it to either my multichannel amp or preamp.

I then swapped out the Venom out for an old ESP Essence power cord that I had on hand. The ESP sounded much smoother and relaxed; more like an Alpha or Sigma. Therefore, at this point, I’m going to return the Venom V10NR and consider either an Alpha, Sigma, or if the ESP continues to impress me, just leave it where the Venom had been and be done with it.