View Single Post
Old 10-20-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
I recently acquired a loom of V10NRs which I’m using in my home theatre system. I also have a Sigma in there which I’ve been using with my 5 channel Anthem 225 watt/channel amplifier. The system is powered via 2 dedicated AC mains with the video powered by a Denali 6000S v2 on one AC line and the audio on the other AC line with a Triton v3. Both the Triton and the Denali are connected to the wall outlets via Sigma NR power cords.

I’ve been running my Anthem multi-channel amp via a Sigma power cord and my Anthem multi-channel preamp with one of my new Denali power cords. Today decided to swap the position of the Sigma to my Anthem preamp and the Denali V10NR to my Anthem multichannel amp to see how it will sound in that configuration.

Although experimentation is the only way to know which will sound best, it is difficult to get behind my A/V rack to change cables back and forth, so I have a few questions for the great people at Shunyata:

1. The Sigma is stated to be 6 gauge, but I’ve seen no specification regarding the gauge of the new Venom V10NR. Could I get that spec from Shunyata?
2. After I bought the Venom V10NR power cords, I see that Shunyata also has a new Venom HC power cord in addition to the other new Venom power cords. Would the HC be potentially a better match for a 5 channel multichannel amp than the V10NR?
3. Does the Venom HC also have the same noise reduction built into it as the V10NR?
I have no connection to Shunyata, except as a user of their products. That being said, the answer to most of your questions can be found by reading the info on Shunyata's web site. Here's the Cliff notes:

The Venom V10NR is 10-gauge, the Venom V12NR is 12-gauge, the Venom V14 Digital is 14-gauge.

The Venom HC v1 & v2 are both 10-gauge, and neither has noise reduction.

The Venom V10NR, with its noise reduction, better copper, better quality connectors & KPIP processing (almost no break-in required), will definitely sound better than the HC models. The Venom NR line has been receiving a lot of accolades for its remarkable price/performance ratio. (As always, YMMV...)

SOTA Cosmos TT (vacuum, Electronic Flywheel), SME V, Koetsu Rosewood Signature
Esoteric X-05 SACD player, Alesis ML-9600 mastering CD burner, Nakamichi 700 ZXE Cassette Deck
Pass Labs XP-15 phono stage
Pass Labs XP-30 & Hovland HP-100 preamps
Edge G8+ laser-biased monoblocks & Classé M-700 monoblocks
Rockport Atria & Infinity IRS Beta Speakers
Audience AU24 SX Phono cable, MIT Shotgun ICs & SCs
Revelation Audio Labs 'Passage' CryoSilver Reference DualConduit DB-25 umbilical cables for Pass XP-30
Shunyata Denali 6000T power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha NR, Delta NR, Viper Ztron, Venom HC & Harmonic Technology PCs
Audio Magic Ultimate SHD Bees Wax Fuse, Synergistic Research Blue & Black fuses, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses
Klaudio LP200 ultrasonic RCM

Last edited by Crumhorn; 10-20-2019 at 03:27 AM. Reason: I made a mistake...