View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lost Bears View Post
I called sumiko and asked what they recommend. Their service tech said that he uses Pedag Super Shine Cream Polish on the leather and rubber surrounds. He uses Natural Orange wood polish for the wood. He said that I should mostly just dust them and not polish them very often.
Dear forum member,

This is my first post on this site, and I can only hope I will be clear enough with my questions. I also hope I did nothing wrong with bumping this old thread.

I have a pair Sonus Faber Amati Futuras at home and thinking about "revitalizing" its - as far as I know, real - leather cover on its front baffle.
Relative humidity in my dedicated room between 40-55%, depending on seasons and heating, and even though I can't see cracking on the speakers leather finish, I would like to avoid it.

As you wrote, you'd contacted Sumiko in this matter, and they recommended "Pedag Super Shine Cream Polish".
I live in Hungary, I have never seen this trademark here, so I should import their product from abroad. Would you show me a direct link to this - or whatever product you find useful for this task? I found different shoe and multipurpose leather conditioning/cleaning materials on the manufacturer's homepage and have no clue, which one to choose. Maybe I missed, but have not found the one you posted about.

Can I also ask, how should I work with the material rightly? I mean which kind of clothes you use, and how much of this cream(?)/oil(?) should apply on the cloth - or the leather(?) itself? I do not want to do harm the leather, hence my, maybe overcareful approach.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Gabor

Last edited by arkgabi; 12-29-2018 at 07:20 AM.