View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
While I'm using Siemens in the ECC81 slots, I am using the JJ ECC83's because I haven't been able to find any vintage Tesla's (if you know a source, let me know!). I will try the Tungsol reissues (assuming they aren't hard to find).
No you can get the ultra low noise selected Tungsols, as well as the 4024s, from Uncle Kevin at Upscale Audio. Cheap upgrade. Just let the CV4024s burn in for 100 hours. For some reason, take a while for them to settle in--plus you get for free that Mullard "flash" everytime you turn the unit on!

The JJs are the bottom of the food chain; I had four go within 100-150 hours. I tried the 803S and 83CC version and the sound was basically the same. Ugh....
Myles Astor, Senior Editor., Positive-Feedback.com, Goldmund Telos 300 amplifier, Goldmund Mimesis 37S Nextgen preamplifier, Doshi EVO phono and tape stages; Zellaton Plural EVO speakers; VPI Vanquish Turntable, VPI 12-inch Fat Boy gimbal arm and SAT LM-12 arm; Lyra Atlas SL Lambda, Fuuga mk.2, vdh Colibri Master Signature cartridges; Technics 1506/FM heads; Various cables including TA, MIT, Kubala-Sosna, Skogrand, Viero L3 Equilibrio speaker cables, Audience, SRA Craz 3 rack, Isobase and OHIO Class XL+2.1 platforms.

Last edited by Myles B. Astor; 11-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.