View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 07:58 PM
Michael ASC-TubeTrap

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkval View Post
I spent the last several hours experimenting and learning just how effective these Tube Traps really are. RANDY IS RIGHT ON!!!!

Initially, there were some things I really liked and others I had questions about. I talked again with Mike - these guys at ASC are great - and he gave me a plan of attack to adjust them to my particular environment. You know these babies work when rotating the top and/or the bottoms, changes the listening quality and environment. Because my speakers are almost 7' tall, line array and located in an alcove, experimentation was the best way to find a solution and, I did. My soundstage, bass detail and mid-range sweetness is better than ever. It is the soundstage which is most dramatic as well as instrument isolation and individuality in the overall sound presentation.
I have 8 Cinema Panels (Tri-Panels) 1'x4' coming shortly (Mike, I said shortly) that I will be installing on the ceiling. The tube traps are very light, easy to handle and set up. I highly recommend them.
Howard
My Pics are at Post #5
Howard, we'll take care of you on your panels, don't worry. I'm curious, though, which way did the chrome buttons end up facing for the best sound?

For those who don't know, the front half of the Tube (where the chrome button is) is covered with a treble diffusing panel, while the back isn't. This makes the Tubes adjustable, either directing ambiance one or another, or simply absorbing everything. It can take some experimenting to hear where the best balance is, and that is what Howard worked on.

Michael Adams