View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 04:12 AM

Default Just got Olympica lll

Hi guys!
I'm a newbie in this forum. Glad to be in this thread. Just got the Olympica lll and have break in about 400hrs. I am amazed by this speakers coming from the Venere lll. Very happy with the upgrade until my tubes on the amp gave away.
I'm using Primaluna Dialogue 7 monoblocks with KT150 and was playing music 10 hrs a day to break in the Olympicas and suddenly buzzing noise coming out from the tweeters on both channel. I had only about 2000hrs on the KT150, so I changed the tubes back to the standard KT88 and the buzz was gone. So it was the tubes that had ended their lifespan at just 2000hrs. I'm thinking of upgrading my power amps as I think the Olympica s need more power. The dialogue 7 is only 70watt per channel. Was thinking of going hybrid. My preamp is Primaluna dialogue 3 tube and was thinking of getting the Mcintosh MC301 monoblocks solid state. Need your expertise and opinion wether they are a good match for the Olympica lll.
I like extended bright highs, immersive mids, weighty bass. Wide and dynamic soundstage. I don't like warm and dark sound. Please help.