View Single Post
Old 01-20-2018, 04:51 PM

Default Ascend Acoustics, Sierra 2 louspeakers - any experience?

My loudspeakers have now clearly become the weakest point in my setup. I have been considering various options for some time (Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2, B&W 705, SF Venere 2.0, KEF LS50, ELAC Adante, BMR Philharmonitor, and the Salk Sound monitors, were my major considerations). Due to listening space limitations, I cannot accommodate floor standers, and must have monitors. Demo’ing options is also a limited option for me for multiple reasons. So, I am out on a limb with ordering based on careful consideration and trust.

Last week I finally decided on, and special ordered, a pair of Sierra 2 loudspeakers in satin white from Ascend Acoustics. I was won over by a trusted friend who had heard Ascend products, and swore by their value and quality, as well as their responsiveness and exceptional online following. They have US made bamboo cabinets, a very specific RAAL ribbon tweeter, and SEAS woofers. Importantly, I preferred white color (to please the wife), and they allow special orders

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...SRM2/srm2.html

Since they are special order, it will take several months to have them built and delivered. Dave Fabrikant and Dina at Ascend have been very helpful in the ordering process. I was wondering if anyone else on the forum has had experience with Ascend Acoustics, specifically their Sierra 2s?

I am excited about the upgrade! Of course, I plan to update once received.

I appreciate any feedback.

Best,
Shrinky