View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombadil View Post
I am not certain that many of the current Brimar tubes are made in the United Kingdom. I have heard, but cannot pin down, that some of their tubes are sourced from Russia and China, then tested to Brimar standards. If they pass, then they are rebranded as Brimar.

Consider what they write on this page: http://brimaruk.com/about-us/brimar-...onic-products/

"Brimar thermionic products are dedicated to bringing you the best valves possible – we know this is a huge task and not one to be taken lightly but each time you purchase one of our electron tubes it brings us closer to manufacturing right here in the U.K." This statement was put out 18-24 months ago, so perhaps they have started manufacturing some tubes in the UK, but this info is difficult to verify.
Yep, this is where I got they were supposed to be made in the UK. I know many manufacturers design and implement strict quality control in Chinese factories to keep a competitive price. Done right, that should guarantee the quality, but in these cases they certainly do not publish in their websites "these are manufactured in the UK (or USA or wherever)", which would be outright illicit. We need to ask people with hands-on experience in these particular products for hints, as this website's rhetoric and the brand's history are quite appealing.

Last edited by Musica Amantem; 03-27-2017 at 08:42 AM.