View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCityUSA View Post
I bought a pair of Psvane KT88 TII which I had high hopes for. I have been interested in supporting new tubes since NOS is ultimately unsustainable, especially with Output tubes since the do not last as long. Anyway, I tried waiting for them to break in and best some others (J/J, KT150, new Tung Sol) and never got their. I am sure I will try again soon since I have new speakers on the way which will require a complete rolling. Right now I am running a pair of NOS GE KT66s. Anyone else have feedback on the Psvanes?
Bear, I have read that the Psvane power tubes can take 300 hours to fully settle in. I don't think these amps are hard on power tubes so they should last a long time. Maybe you can finish burning them in with your new speakers as they settle in? IMHO, rolling tubes will be rather pointless until the speakers get a work out.

I just received a Treasure CV181 and it is supposed to take a good while too.
I've used the Psvane 12**7 tubes and they take a while too. 75-100 hours.

Do you have the British KT66's? I have not heard them or the reissues but I like 6L6's. I have Sylvania 6L6GAY's and I'm trying to decide between the GL KT66's, Valve Art KT66's, Tung Sol big bottle 6l6 or Treasure KT-66's

Last edited by FloridaBoy; 08-16-2015 at 02:59 PM.