View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:11 PM

I have heard most of the older and newer generation Wilson Audio speakers and the evolution of the Ti tweeter thru (Watt Puppy (3-8), Maxx 2, Sasha 1, X-1 Gen 5, Alexandria) and now the soft dome tweeter. (Sasha 2, Alexia)

Something to think about:
Wilson speakers reflect the source/upstream; including AC supply, and all the cabling. Personally I still like the Ti tweeter best ; but that may be due to my X-1's (gen V) purchased after auditioning the Alexias.

The Sasha's 1 vs 2 debate starts at: Both speakers are going to reflect the source components in a big way. You can tailor the Wilson to sound anyway you like especially based on the Amplifier right in front of it.
The Ti tweeter is not fatiguing on the Sasha 1, Maxx3, Alexandrias (due to the evolution of the Ti design) if the Amplifier and sources in front of it are not fatiguing.

I had my Sasha I in a 20 x 26 x 9 foot room (with an L off the back of the room) - they never strained. I used Amplifiers such as: ARC Ref 210, Mcintosh MC601, Levinson #23.

I have the X-1 (Gen V) in the same room now. Yes they do fill the room in a different way.

The sound you get from any of the Wilson's is a combination of the entire source string and room.
Avalon Ascent 2, Infinity RS-1b, Wilson Watt/Puppy 6, Snell Type A IIIi, Audio Research SP15, Conrad Johnson Motif 9, CD 8, Phono Ref One, Electron Kinectics Eagle 2C, Levinson No. 23, Sanders Sound ESL Mk II Amplifier, VPI HRX, Well Tempered Amadeus, Grado Reference 3, Denon 103r, Dynavector XX-2, 20x2l, Wireworld speaker cable, MIT Magnum 3 speaker cable