View Single Post
Old 02-21-2020, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rony View Post
Other high quality receivers also.
But the price difference....
I always make the comparaison with cars: A Dacia is cheap but good car. A Bentley is a good car as well. But the price difference...

No doubt there're other cheaper but also good electronics on the market. If product A is more expensive than product B, this is because there's a reason for it. If A can't prove better value, it will not stay in business. If B would be able to charge more for what's delivered, they would do it at well.

So, if you can value better build quality and if you can value the better sound of a McIntosh than you've to start thinking about paying the extra $ or €. It's not only about those 2 things that set price; they're just some examples. It is aslo about Support quality, value when you want to sell it, etc.

If those things doesn't mean a lot to you, go with the cheaper alternative and you'll be happy.

Friends of mine do not understand why I spent a lot on hifi electronics. They say "On my 1000€ system, it sounds the same.". I always answer: "Great for you! I'm sure my bank account would wish I was you".

Last edited by kurt1970; 02-21-2020 at 03:15 PM.