View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 08:12 AM

Default Have things changed since 2016 Aug?

Well, I am glad to say things did changed but not much on an overall level since my planned Retirement system 3 years ago. Only the speakers and rack had changed - from Raidho D3.1 to the Wilson Alexia (used). I am very happy with them, enough to withstand the lure & temptation to moving to the Series II, where its build are nicer. Somehow I loved to own Dave's legacy (won't say never but for now, no change). The room had also seen a new LP cabinet being build by same contractor (down to the quartz display top).
As Meridian no longer support their wonderful Sooloos, looks like I have to keep the realistically priced Core 200 (2TB storage) till the next itch comes along or when the Core 200 died. I did looked at the Aurender's A10, N10 or even the newer A30, still the itch never did come. I guess I must be getting old or the system gave me much pleasure, enough to forget the upgrade and the chase.
Seriously, I guess part (or rather the major reason could be the small size of my room) where this is about the biggest pair of speakers I could squeezed in, unless I go crazy like the Japanese.
So, for now, this is it. Like to share how the room had evolved ... and the happiness.
Cheers!
P/S: Dan, as usual, do help to post the pictures if they are not posted properly. I can never ever know or get this right. Thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg R System 1.jpg (92.4 KB, 341 views)
File Type: jpg R System 2.jpg (93.0 KB, 345 views)
File Type: jpg R System 3.jpg (98.5 KB, 339 views)

Last edited by jdandy; 04-12-2019 at 10:44 AM. Reason: enlarge photos