View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Honestly I'm a little bit surprized about your "step back" from DP-510 to DP-75 because I would consider Accuphase's own drive in the DP-510 an advantage over the Sony made drive in the DP-75.
Do you use the DG-58 as DAC or the DP-75?
I now use the DP-75 as a DAC because personally I even prefer it to the DG-58 for 16/44.1 material (lately I'm finding myself using Tidal more and more: wonderful to do "music travels" from artist to artist and find new music I like). I must say that I liked the DP-75 presentation so much that now I'm searching for a DC-91 or even a DC-81L with his wonderful discrete DAC to try

Quote:
I'd suggest you try out some B&W 800 series at home
In the end, I think it is the road to follow. After the electronics and room treatment complete, now is the time (well, "now" is when I have new budget to dedicate to audio ).

What I need for my audio room is a speaker that emits as low as possible from his cabinet.

I say this because just for fun I tried my Klipsch Heresy III (normally connected to the "vintage" Accuphase system in the dining room where I find them not bad) and they were incredibly bad in the audio room. I tried positioning them in various spot, changing the placement of the RPG panels... nothing! Cancellations in various frequencies, strange riverberations... headache after 30 minutes . I think that is because the Heresy emits also from the cabinet, that is not braced and massive as the S3, and that causes A LOT of problem in my smallish and perfectly symmetric audio room (even if acoustically treated and even with DG-58 magic).

But I think that a 800 or 802 Diamond is equally or better (most likely better) than S3 regarding the "silent" cabinet/chassis, right?

Last edited by Mattia; 05-06-2015 at 05:20 AM.