View Single Post
Old 05-05-2015, 09:02 AM

bds

The C-2420 and DP-75 have just arrived. The DP-75 is still "old style" 16x PCM 1702 DA converters, limited to max 48Khz, but I found it beautiful in Red Book CD presentation. It was not really planned, but it replaced DP-510.

The C-2420 in my system seems totally "absent". Really I could not tell if it is present or I go DG-58 directly to P-700.
Wich for me is good news since what I basically needed was a neat volume control

(Maybe, just maybe the 2420 adds a *little* noise that you can only ear in a totally silent room, with no signal input and putting your ear almost in the midrange cone).

AAVA is really something I must admit: even at very low volume levels the channel balance is spot on, so are others parameters. The C-275 I had was all over the place at low levels (but I think it was a bit faulty unit).

As for speakers, I am waiting for the final five RPG Modex Plates, then I will be free to go where I want (or maybe stick a little bit more with the old S3).

Martin

Sadly I forgot to ask technical info about how the DG-58 drives the mic or if the DG-58 also corrects in time-domain.
But I doubt Mr. Suzuki would have answered to those questions

P.S. Unrelated to the topic, but anyone has news about nvp? He used to be around here often, but not anymore.

Last edited by Mattia; 05-05-2015 at 09:05 AM.