View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 03:33 PM

The PS Audio Stellar Gain DAC and Silnote Morpheus Classic XLRs have now been up and running for a few days. I have my AVR connected to an analog input with my High Fidelity CT-1 interconnects, and have configured that input for Home Theater Mode. I connected my Oppo UDP-203 to the Stellar Gain with a Blue Jeans Cable 6 foot coaxial cable.

PS Audio say that the unit needs a couple hundred hours to fully break in, so I do not want to make any fast and hard judgements just yet. However, when using the home theater feature on analog input 2, I feel that I have lost a bit of clarity, compared to my previous setup, which had the AVR front L/R analog inputs running directly to the power amp(via High Fidelity CT-1 interconnects). Now, the CT-1s are running to analog input 2 on the Stellar Gain.

I'm not sure if my loss of clarity is occurring in the Stellar Gain itself, since it does have a class A analog stage, or if it is because I am now involving two interconnects, rather than one. I'm going to continue to break in the Stellar Gain for a while, but I suspect that the Silnote interconnects are not as clear as my High Fidelity CT-1s. If the clarity doesn't improve pretty soon, I think I'm going to try a set of Wireworld Silver Eclipse XLR.