View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:40 AM

Dear Sir.

Thank you so much for reaching out to Gryphon and explain about your encounter with The Diablo 300.

However, I am surprised you are disappointed and haven’t been informed by your dealer that it is perfectly normal with those “clicks”. But if you haven’t received any information then I understand why you are thinking that it’s a bit strange that the volume control is clicking.

The volume control is not a normal volume control. It is an attenuator with relays and the design makes it possible to play music through a maximum of two resistors. This way of designing a volume control is definitely the most purist way of designing a volume control in order to have less impact on the sound.
It shouldn’t be the volume control dictating the character of the sound.
Please see how we describe this very purist volume control in our users manual of the Diablo 300(page 15):

“Diablo Volumen control.
A unique new volumencontrol was developed for the Diablo and this new principle will in future be found in all Gryphons top of the line products. It is not a digital devise but a discrete solution based on fixed resistors in a ultra short signal path involving a very smal number of relays selected for perfect function and sonic “invisible” qualities. This technology can sometimes - depending on the material played - make a very smal clicking noise when used. This is not a sign that anything is wrong and is normal.”

I have attached the users manual as a link.