Thread: Q7 delivered
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 04:32 PM

Dear Toga,
Have been reading your Q7 journey with great interest.
The jumpers can make a substantial gain, and may steer your musical happiness to higher levels, i tell because i owned some VerityAudio speakers.

If you look for most of the advantages of the Nordost jumpers, but also more mid and meat on the bones, and even some more fluidness, then i heartedly suggest either Crystal Dreamline or the top of the line kimber 8AG / KS jumpers.

Those two cable suggestions will vary somewhat in character as well, but come close..
In both case they are a substantial step up from Nordost jumpers.
But without loosing much of what the Nordost do so well..

Another tip to try out, is the crossfeeding on terminals, here you put the original speaker spade at the plus terminal on high input, and the other original spade at minus terminal, from there you crossjump.

the rule of connecting to lower input with speakercables and jump to high section is no law at all. Just connect in a way which sounds best in your situation with regard to check for correct phase ( i admit to be fooling around once in while when hastedly connecting and so wrong phase ahum..)

I tried huge amount of different things with the Verity, two cables, even three separate cables, crossfeeding, biwire, triplewire, top to bottom, mid to bottom, etc etc.
In the end connecting at bottom, and using superb jumpers did it.

Last edited by 4RE; 04-26-2014 at 12:12 PM.