Thread: Magico Q1 ...
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 04:16 PM

I'd say very close, and a lot will depend on the rest of the system. And the room, of course.

I understand all the negative comments about Magico, and I've never heard them sound great at shows with Soulution. I have heard them sound very good to great with other equipment, so there must be some other reason Soulution is always used. And the Q3s really were remarkable at the NY dealer. That demo made me understand why so many reviewers were calling them "game changing".

I think poor show performance is a common problem. For example, I first heard the Amati Futuras at a show, and I thought they were dreadful. I heard them at another show, months later, not much better. But then I heard them at a dealer, and I thought they were extremely good. Not for me, but I can respect and admire them, and I understand why someone would purchase them over Magico. Looks alone might sway some people as I think they're one of the most beautiful speakers I've seen.

At this level of performance, and price, it's all about individual preference. I think you made a great choice. Really, anything that makes you happy is a great choice, right? And when I get the Qs, you can bring your CR-1s up to Vermont to compare.