View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearCubinNY View Post
Jim,
That would be a pretty long list for me. I am so ready for Hirez to actually take off! My best recordings, by far, come from High Def Tape Transfer (HDTT). I have nearly all of their offerings and can't recall being disappointed with any. Now their online store and download process is absurd/archaic. That would be my only gripe with them.

Linn Records on the other hand has the online process down pretty much. Not all of their recordings are of the same quality, they actually warehouse for other labels as well. The ones that are good are outstanding. For example, anything from violinist Rachel Podger has proven a great purchase for me.

The fact that HDTT controls the entire transcoding process would probably explain my high satisfaction rate. I'll go through my tracks to see which ones stand out.

Reg
I noticed you are using Amarra + Mac Pro with SSD for hires files. How does it sound compared your TT or other CD players you have tried in the past?

My ideal source will be MacBook Pro + SSD + Amarra, thus I'm interested in your perspective on this.