View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 08:15 AM
Go Dawgs

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Okay.

I grew up in Binghamton NY, about 3 miles from McIntosh. Never knew it. Drove by it on Conklin Ave hundreds of times.

First time I learned of McIntosh was in my first year of college in Binghamton. Short story is: A classmate lost his drivers license and decided to trade his Datsun 240z for a McIntosh system. Pre, Amp, Environmental Equalizer and speakers. Dual TT. (His dad was already a fan)
Cool story......my mom's side of the family is from Binghampton.....she went to Johnson City High School way back. We used to spend all Christmas holidays up there with the grandparents back in the 80's. Of course that's way before the hifi days. Grandfather worked for IBM over in Endicott if I remember correctly.

- Buck
Library: Speakers: Avalon Acoustics Isis, Subwoofers: (2) REL Acoustics 212SE Amplification: D’agostino Momentum preamplifier, D’agostino S250 stereo amplifier Digital: dCS Rossini CD/SACD transport, dCS Rossini DAC/streamer/master clock. Analog: Brinkmann Taurus table, Lyra Etna Lambda, Audio Research Ref. Phono 3