View Single Post
Old 09-14-2020, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70sMac View Post
Welcome to the McChat, Super Dave! First, thanks for the post. We had a shot at an MX-150, but we waited too long and it was sold to some [other] lucky soul.

Best I can tell, it looks like you have (7) seven channels of amplification in your rack: (1) big Mac mono, a Mac 3-channel and a couple of Nagra HD mono amps...Wow! Vertical solid state power amps! I'm looking at one for the first time and, for one thing, it looks like a real space saver. I'm not really sure how you use them, but how do they sound when combined with Mac power amps?

Hope all is well back home (in the South)
I am still running 5.2 surround. When I got the Nagra towers, they replaced the 601s on the front speakers and I put a 601 on the center channel. Now I use 2/3 channels on the MC303 for rear. I used the 601's for a few years and enjoyed them but it's not an apples to apples comparison to the Nagra amps. Matching amps up front would be a benefit but it's more important to me to focus on stereo music and try to maintain some level of practicality in this costly passion. All is well here, stay safe.

Dave