View Single Post
Old 02-15-2020, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puma Cat View Post
Hi HP,
No, I haven't compared them. I have a Denali 6000/S V2, and a Triton V1 before that, so I can't comment on the PS Audio P5 or P10. I did audition a Power Plant Premier some years ago (7 or 8 years ago?), before I bought my Hydra 8, and found it did nothing in my system to improve the sound; in fact my entry-level Shunyata Hydra 4 sounded better in my system.

You may want to ask Ivan about any comparisons, as he has had both products from both companies. IIRC, Ivan has removed all his PS Audio P10s and is using Shunyata Denalis now.

Also, don't forget about the power cord; that's the most important part, and if you decide to get something like the Venom NR-V10, that cord, in combination with a good Shunyata power distributor, will provide component-to-component isolation, which the D6, as good as it is, doesn't do directly, per se (IIRC, the pairs of outlets per receptacle are isolated from one another, but individual outlets that is, a single outlet within a pair are not).

If you have the budget for a P10, I'd recommend getting a Denali for ~1/2 that price, instead, the Denali is Shunyata's current SOTA power distributor.

Cheers and let me know if you have any other questions.
How do you like your Uptone Audio EtherREGEN?

I notice you are in SF bay Area, I am also in East Bay.